Rest and Renew
A session of Winter Qigong
Sunday 14th November 2021, 2.30-4pm at Barracks Lane Community Garden, max 10 participants
‘Rest and Renew’ aims to give you a few jewels among your winter treasure chest of self-care. Winter is associated with the Water element in traditional Chinese medicine, and with the Kidneys and Bladder network. The Kidneys are in the area where ‘the spark of life’ is seen to reside in the human body. As the energy of nature goes inwards and downwards towards the roots, conserving itself, winter Qigong helps us to do the same.
This session will support you to feel more deeply the core of your energy, take stock of what’s moving in your body and being, and try some short sequences of movement and meditation to support renewal of your core energy.
This session will include:
- Meridian self-massage to support the flow of energy and circulation of blood in the Kidney network.
- The Eight Brocades – an adaptable series of movements that can help with sleep, as well as with grounding, and refreshing your energy;
- Short winter-specific qigong to support the Kidney network;
- Breathing meditation to conserve and renew energy deep in the body;
- Renewing connection with the sources of your vital energy;
- Staying in touch with core energy reserves as you go out into the world.
‘Rest and Renew’ is suitable for beginners and those with some experience of Tai Chi, Qigong, or other forms of embodied movement.
Cost and how to book
£45, payable before Sunday Nov 7th to reserve your place. This includes a non-refundable deposit of £25. Please use the button below to get in contact, and you will receive information about what to bring/wear, Covid safety, and cancellations.